Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I won a UPR billet catch can on Ebay yesterday. I got it for less than half of a new one. It is from a C6 Corvette. Has anyone hooked one of these up to their G8? It looks exactly the same as the one for our cars except the bracket is different. The corvette can mounts to the front of the passenger head (ground bolt). I think it would mount fine there if I used a spacer and longer bolt. If that doesnt work and I cant buy the right bracket from UPR, ill have my buddy at a machine shop make me a L-Bracket.

Does anyone have any suggestions for mounting this thing on the passenger head or where else I could mount it? Also what size lines should I buy from the parts store (reg vacuum or fuel grade)? How much line will I need?

What I bought:

Where it is supposed to mount:

G8 Can:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have the same one and had it mounted as shown in the first pic when I had my GTO, but had to order the G8 specific so I could mount it to the drivers side strut mount. However, I believe the distributer that made them, is no longer in business. The good news is that you can probably have any decent machine shop make you a new bracket.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I cant mount it somewhere on the drivers side then I may try the following. I may be able to space it out from the pass head enough to clear everything. Maybe a long bolt and a bolt spacer? The new camaro mounts like this...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im waiting on the can to get here from seller in CA. I talked to a guy a UPR today and I will be able to get any bracket I want but I dont have a price yet. They dont normally sell the brackets separately so someone else there will have to call me back with a price. Great customer service over the phone so far with this company!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, I got everything hooked up finally. I replaced the 8mm bolt that held the bracket for the positive battery wire to mount my can. It is rock solid mounted there and looks very clean. I ended up adding a drain on the bottom (drain petcock from a radiator) and I replaced the plastic barbs with brass ones. So if anyone ever buys a can with a bracket from a Corvette (LS2), it can be mounted in basically the factory location.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
congrats!

catch cans dont care what car they're on... they just work... dont tell any corvette owner that though :p

PS my dad has a vette and my catch can from my GTO so i can make that joke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts