Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you guys feel about using plasti dip ?
Thinking of doing the chrome with it/maybe the wheels and that's a BIG maybe

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Eh, it's ok. I've played with it on the G8 about 7 years ago. I did the front grilles and a couple of other things. It turns out nice, but over time it will get messed up or start to come off. It was more of a pain than anything because you had to keep taking it off and re-spraying.

I think it is good to get an idea of how your car will look with it done, and if you don't like it, remove it. If you do, maybe consider getting it painted, or some carbon fiber pieces (if maverick man still makes them for our cars).

·
F1rehawk
764 Posts
Plasti Dip on the wheels will look like ****. It will get rough with time and will get all the dust/dirt. Get them coated professionally.

As for the trim, it would look ok.

Do it right the first time and get everything painted ;)

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I dipped my GXP wheels 4 years ago and they still look great. The newer dips are even better. Just have to be careful to do them right. I have a burnt copper kit in the garage waiting to go on my new wheels.
Proper post dip care is important as well.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I dipped my GXP wheels 4 years ago and they still look great. The newer dips are even better. Just have to be careful to do them right. I have a burnt copper kit in the garage waiting to go on my new wheels.
Proper post dip care is important as well.
Agreed. I did mine as well, still look fine, one wheel needs redone though. You can see them in my signature. Those wheels are actually power coated black.

Here's my post about it: https://www.g8board.com/forums/17-wheels-tires/270889-got-ricer-ish-yo.html

Dip your car has a really good guide on doing it right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts