Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove the G8 from san Diego to Phoenix. Ran fine all the way out. Went to dinner and then it wouldn't start. Cranks but no start. No codes, plenty of fuel at rail, any ideas? Don't really want to have to tow it.....

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
Oh shucks ! I was going to try to start helping by working from the fuel angle, but you've eliminated that source. On the other hand, if the powertrain relay (R13) quit working, it would shutdown the operation of all your coils and injectors. If you think that (that's) a possibility here, you could try a swap with R9 (windshield wiper Hi). They look to be the same size and probably the same p/n.
Its an easy T/S item you can try. They are in the underhood fuse box.

·
Premium Member
6,718 Posts
Is the battery original?? Does it sound like it is struggling to crank? I have seen cars with low voltage batteries spin the starter, but not engage it long enough to start the engine. Although, it's hard to say without being there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the original battery. It sure sounds like the battery is still good but I guess I should have eliminated that. I had it towed. Hoping they can get to it today for a look. It was cranked over many times last night so the battery is probably pretty tired today. Thanks for the input and I will check the powertrain relay as well.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like it was the fuel pump after all. Dealer doesn't want to cover under the powertrain warranty. Anyone have any experience with getting something like this covered?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
With a blower I highly doubt they would cover it. Plus now is a good time to upgrade to a better pump..

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
@Dryheat, if the fuel pump is an in tank type, then it is not covered under the Powertrain limited warranty. Unfortunately, I’m not a technician to let you know if the pump is in tank or not so this could be a possibility as to why they are telling you it’s not covered.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

1 - 7 of 7 Posts