Pontiac G8 Forum banner

361 - 380 of 410 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Seen a few G8s lately saw an SRM turning from New Britain ave in Hartford onto Newington rd. By Batchelder school 2 days ago. Saw an MgM one coming off route 9 in New britain. And just yesterday saw another MGM getting off 84 West onto South Main st. In West Hartford. Seen more now than when I drive mine in the summer.
They've gotten pretty cheap lately. Many are changing hands I would say.

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
Mini meet this Saturday in Rocky Hill

Wow I couldn't tell you the last time I posted here. I'm heading up to Silas Deane Auto in Rocky Hil, CT for an alignment. Il be there at 9:00. Anyone in the area swing on by so we can do what gear heads do best...check out each other's car and talk.

FYI I'll be there in the G8 as the SS is still in Detroit.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Ro, what you getting done to the SS? I'd heard you had picked one up!

·
Northeast G8 Owners Club
1,979 Posts
Ro, what you getting done to the SS? I'd heard you had picked one up!
Just a few "Minor" Mods

2.9L Whipple Supercharger (Painted to match the car)
High Lift Cam
Head Work
Twin Disk Clutch
Short throw Shifter
Oil Pump Upgrade
Fuel System Upgrade
Drag Radials
Few other minor supporting mods

I already installed a Roto-Fab Intake, Kooks Headers, High Flow cats and Cat back. Car put down 409 RWHP after i put those mods on it over the summer. I'm shooting for at least 700 RWHP without Methanol, E85 or pulley changes. Should be an interesting BEAST!:driving:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey guys, new G8 owner here. I picked up a Grey G8 Gt from Jersey. It used to be Pedders' test car, changed hands a couple times, and the guy I bought it from said the owner before him was in CT. It has a D series procharger, pedders stuff, 1500hp alxes and one piece DS, forged rods and pistons with stock crank, 222/230 cam, stock heads, built trans and camaro wheels. It's a blast to drive, and I look forward to some great drives and track use from it.

RO, sounds like a killer SS, looks like I'll have to up my game!

-Ed

·
Registered
253 Posts
Spotted a Red G8 on 495 north this morning.

Eastern Regional Meet is September 16 - 18th in Warwick RI. I'm planning to go.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
I spotted a red G8 at home depot in Bristol CT a few weeks ago, it had nice VMR wheels , exhaust .

Anyone on here?

I live in Plainville about 5 minutes from the Bristol home depot

I was in my daily .

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Not sure if they're here, but I spotted a Black GT on the way home on the Berlin Turnpike today near Bertuccis. Gave a thumbs up as I crossed traffic at the light but not sure you could see me because of the rain.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just glimpsed MGM G8 pulling into Lancaster, MA Cumbies gas station as I was pulling out. BMWHunter?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just glimpsed MGM G8 pulling into Lancaster, MA Cumbies gas station as I was pulling out. BMWHunter?

Yes....that was me. Not many of us around these days. I haven't seen anyone in several months, then I saw you last weekend and then yesterday evening. Hey, do you know a good local shop? I need to get a drivers rear wheel bearing replaced. Let's plan a meet as the weather is getting better.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I know a couple people who have used main street auto and they seemed decent, but I've not had to use them yet, knock on wood.

I'm doing heads and cam swap in June if you want to stop by.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yes....Main Street Auto. I know the place. They have a number of great reviews and ratings. I'll go talk to them. Yes, I would like to see your work. PM me and we'll make arrangements to meet up.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've been seeing a few on the highways as of recent. Just haven't been able to get to my phone quick enough or remmeber where n when.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't see any around anymore. Last of a vanishing breed....

·
Registered
82 Posts
hey been gone for while life happens have been seeing a few around boston lately red one from huston at quirk fri gray gt at g links golf course sat afternoon also red gt in dot about week ago mine is going to slowhawk fri DOD DELETE american racing full headers back small cam fresh top end glad to have some time to get back on site hope all is well to everyone

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hey Mike. Long time no see. I haven't been in the dorchester area in a while so that wasn't me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

361 - 380 of 410 Posts