Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my parts list together and I want to make sure I'm getting the correct size rotors. What are the sizes to run the 09' 6 pot setup? I got quoted on a 13.98" front and 14.37" rear and I'm not sure if that is correct. How large of a rotor could you run with this setup?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
The 4-piston set up is the 14 and 14.4" setup. The 6-piston uses the same rear, but a larger (15") front rotor.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! Now if I can just find a good deal on calipers, I'd be set. I got quoted $300 for all four corners plus pads, which I think is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Amazon for deals on calipers their prices can't be beat plus free shipping

·
Registered
707 Posts
Wow that's pretty good for 09+ v2 rotors/pads. My guess they're after market because one oem rotor is $200, I'd like to know where from. I've got a camaro set of rotors, but going with V2 calipers up front instead. I hate to shell out $400 for rotors that I already have. I even thought I might be able to run with camaro rotors up front for a while if I remove a little bit of pad material. The pad really only stretches over the top of the rotor by 12mm.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Qoute came from rotorpros. They are aftermarket rotors so no OEMs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Thanks, post some pics when competed with brembo install. Right now I have everything but calipers & maybe V2 front rotors if I decide to go V2 yellow. My thought is to go with yellow on a SBM then I don't have to worry about having to shell out $350 to have them powder coated if I went with V1 4pot calipers. I repainted my Camaro rotor hats, have rear bracket & ebrake and rear pads - found ceramic lifetime pads/pins through local shops cheaper than online.

Just wondering if I should buy the calipers and finish this project (every project I start I never finish) or buy a set of SLP LT headers from a guy locally for $750. Also, my GT lifter failed yesterday so it really started knocking hard yesterday. So I'll be in the shop for a week now.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You would need a retune for your LTs so add a bit more onto that $750 unless you do it yourself or can pay for that service in beer. I'm thinking of grabbing the yellow calipers for my LR since everyone does red calipers and I don't think the silver will stand out much. I'll post pics when this project finally gets done.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone have a good source on where to find the 14.97" (380mm) rotors? The quote I got was for the 04-07 V and they do not have anything for the 15" rotor. I'm having trouble finding a vendor that carries them.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Tirerack has centric rotors for good prices

·
Registered
279 Posts
Now you're making me wish I would have held out for the CTS-V calipers! Going to have to checkout your setup when you get it on. I got a killer deal on a full set of DBS rotors so I threw those on with some Hawk HPS pads. Liking them so far, but wish I had the look of the CTS-V calipers.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With sourcing all the parts, not getting any sales, but all free shipping, my out the door cost was $1800. If you are patient, I wouldn't see why you couldn't get the whole package including new ss brakelines for 1300-1500.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts