Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m gonna get my wheels redone and repainted since OEM color is trash and previous owner gave them to me all kinds of mess up conditions. What color you recommend for CTS V wheels I have coupes in front and sedans in the rear.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
PlastiDip them. You can try different colors.

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is gorgeous. Seriously considering this for my black G8 GT with V-wheels that need refinished. Do you have the color or name of the powder coat used here? (assuming its powder coated) Thanks
This is Miner's Gold from Prismatic Powders. I was between that, Satin Poly Gold and Poly Gold. Also did a Fog Clear clearcoat over the top to protect the metallic flake from fading as quickly. Highly recommend grabbing some free color swatches to get a good look at the colors in different lighting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is Miner's Gold from Prismatic Powders. I was between that, Satin Poly Gold and Poly Gold. Also did a Fog Clear clearcoat over the top to protect the metallic flake from fading as quickly. Highly recommend grabbing some free color swatches to get a good look at the colors in different lighting.
Awesome. Thank you. I looked and like this color the best. Its on the edge of gold and bronze which is perfect. How man pounds of powder did you need if you can remember?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Awesome. Thank you. I looked and like this color the best. Its on the edge of gold and bronze which is perfect. How man pounds of powder did you need if you can remember?
Couldn't tell you, I just gave my powder coater the colors and he ordered everything. Cash deal, no itemized breakdown. It is a neat color that definitely changes a bit with the light. Didn't want too warm/yellow of a gold but also not too dark like a bronze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts