Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE 285/35R19 IN THE REAR AND FENDERS ALREADY ROLLED AND STILL GET A MEAN RUB WHEN I GUN IT OR HIT A BUMP IN THE ROAD OR HAVE PASSENGERS IN THE REAR HELP !!!

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
An aggressive or minimal fender roll? Wheel offsets? Stock suspension or lowered?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Do a search on this site for remedies.
I believe CTS-V sedan wheels are the preferred fit on our cars as they are not staggered where the CTS-V coupe wheels are a staggered set.
Plenty of threads on here about owners in your situation.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lose the 10" 40 offset in favor of the sedan 9.5" 56 offset ?
That will gain you 23mm on the outside.
If you just gotta have the "hella flush " you could space the sedan rim out if you really needed to .
285 is OK on 9.5 as per most tire specs from their manufacturers
Correctly spaced, a 285 fits with no fender work

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An aggressive or minimal fender roll? Wheel offsets? Stock suspension or lowered?
Not really sure what aggressive or minimal would be I just know they were rolled and I don’t know how much the the last owner lowered it 🤔

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do a search on this site for remedies.
I believe CTS-V sedan wheels are the preferred fit on our cars as they are not staggered where the CTS-V coupe wheels are a staggered set.
Plenty of threads on here about owners in your situation.
car came with them

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also might be in trouble car had cam swap supposedly they replaced what was needed when done and dod delete but I hear a tick that sounds kinda loud coming from driver side also smell exhaust but had a few guys that kinda know cars look at it and said it could be lifter and exhaust leak 🤦🏽 spent 16 grand clean title maverick silver 119k

·
Registered
606 Posts
Fact of the matter, they really don't fit

Automotive tail & brake light Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
606 Posts
Here is a thread showing a crap load of G8s with 285's on sedan rear 19-9.5 56 offset

Even in the weeds, the tires clear

·
Premium Member
7,679 Posts
Not really sure what aggressive or minimal would be I just know they were rolled and I don’t know how much the the last owner lowered it 🤔
Aggressive or minimal is the degree/severity to which the fenders were rolled. By the way, there are at least two threads where members installed CTS-V coupe wheels albeit am thinking the cars were riding at stock height.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aggressive or minimal is the degree/severity to which the fenders were rolled. By the way, there are at least two threads where members installed CTS-V coupe wheels albeit am thinking the cars were riding at stock height.
Thanks pony man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts