Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to look into a current list of mainly performance oriented mods for the V6, and I quickly came to find that there are very, very few.
I've based everything so far that I've found off of jrc1989's post from 2012, but it hasn't been updated since.
I was hoping to make/find a comprehensive list of mods that is current, as I can't find a complete exhaust system still available, as well as the fact I can't find a place willing to ship headers to me.(Oh Cali)
As so far, the list that I personally am working from is as follows.

G8 Tune and Throttle Body-
Overkill Tune: 600$
K&N Cold Air Intake: 331$
Overkill Throttle Body: 250$
Exhaust System: ???
Pacemaker Headers: 450$
NGK Spark Plugs & Coils: 53$ & 339$

Anything I'm missing that could help a lot? Before anyone asks, I'm not a resident of California, just on orders here, but headers and CAI are difficult to get shipped.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Yeah this is one of the reasons I've left my V6 stock, there's not the options and gains available that there are for the V8s.
Look for Les on this board, not to may have done as much as he has on this board to a V6.
Another would be ChristoJesus, I believe that's his screen name, he has done probably a comparable amount of work.

·
Registered
130 Posts
CAI, performance exhaust with X pipe and a tune. The tune helped immensely. I thought about headers, etc but....Na... I'm happy with it as is now. Good luck to you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts