Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is something I have be playing with in some spare time. It still needs to be paited/coated and the AN bungs will be in next week. Thought I woud share and get feed back before I finish it up.......

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
I doubt it will pass tech at any drag strip. Bad idea putting a fuel cell under the hood.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Wow, you're doing a really good fab job on that and w/all the points available for fastening it down in that location it'll be very secure.

Aside from putting gas in the engine bay...
Question: What's it for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the first part of the nitrous system I'm building. As far as putting a fuel cell under the hood, I know I'm not the first and I know I wont be the last to do this....it's really no different them putting meth in your washer tank........

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Looks clean, why this location over the trunk? I know you said nitro, but since you have the gas tank in the stock location, we can assume your nos is where the tank was?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
Drag car fuel cells are up front....
I like it! C16 for nitrous.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!
That is the plan. It will either be C16, Q16 or NO2......

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I assume texas doesn't have any annual inspections or anything?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, yes. We have annually inspections....................

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I think I know where some of the concusion is coming from. I STILL have my stock tank that will be used for daily driving and pump gas. This tank will only hold about 1.5 gallons of fuel and is a stand alone cell for race fuel to be used for the fuel side of a wet nitrous system. It is not to actually provide the primary fuel for the engine.......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great man. I have been thinking about doing this but putting the cell in the trunk where the air pump was. The reason i was wanting to do a standalone fuel system for the fuel solenoid is so I wouldnt have to run a different tune(timing) than when i didnt want to spray. And you could also make slight afr adjustments with your fpr in this system. Do you think you will be able to run the same timing on and off the n02 with this setup?

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I doubt it will pass tech at any drag strip. Bad idea putting a fuel cell under the hood.
Tons of drag cars have fuel cells up front.

Drag car fuel cells are up front....
I like it! C16 for nitrous.....
Exactly.

OP: Are you running that tank as a surge tank? Or a demand controlled fuel source? Good idea for that space, I'm running a surge tank and inline pump in another car and it works well.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
... The reason i was wanting to do a standalone fuel system for the fuel solenoid is so I wouldnt have to run a different tune(timing) than when i didnt want to spray....
Keep an Eye out, i know a tuner working on something cool for this... PM for info (don't want to piss off the mods with non sponsors)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I plan on having my tuner make very slight adjustments in the tune and the rest will be done with the jetting. As for the purpose of the tank, it will be use for fuel on demand. The pump will be powered when the nos system is armed. The feed and return are both -6 lines. This is still a work in progress and I will more then likely be making changes to it until the system is complete and functioning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
keep the thread updated man, im very interested in your results. Have you decided how big of a shot your going to use yet? Your current setup with 150 shot or more ought to haul.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts