Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Mac10 and Cheese
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently miss-judged my turn and damaged my wheel. It is an XXR 006 20x10 Gloss Black 5-114.3/5-120 +[35mm]. The original website it was purchased no longer carries that exact wheel. I have done a few searches and found what I believe to be the same wheel, but when I enter my car make/model it states that it will not fit my car. Are these the same exact wheel I am looking for on these sites? (I did not purchase the wheels, they came with the G8 when I purchased it)

http://www.dnjwheels.com/performance/index.php?p=product&id=2263&parent=729

or

http://www.wheelstudio.com/view-whe...-bolt-pattern-all/wheel-price-all/vehicle-all

Below is a picture of the damaged wheel. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Might be able to get it fixed at a local wheel repair shop. Most dealerships & bodyshops will be able to advise you who does wheel repair in your area.

·
Mac10 and Cheese
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might be able to get it fixed at a local wheel repair shop. Most dealerships & bodyshops will be able to advise you who does wheel repair in your area.
Would that be quick/cheaper than replacing it? Also in your opinion would it still be safe to drive my car with the damaged wheel?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Would that be quick/cheaper than replacing it? Also in your opinion would it still be safe to drive my car with the damaged wheel?
That's a loaded question & depends on numerous variables. depending on how you hit the curb, there could be wheel bearing or suspension damage, tire damage, alignment's probably out.

Short term if there's no vibration your ok.

If there's no vibration & no bulging in the tire, then alignment should be your first area of concern. They'll have to make sure the front end's tight before aligning it. If the tires bulging or there's vibration don't be driving it much at all!

If the wheel bearing is loose, it'll need replacement, otherwise you can just wait till it gets noisy & then replace it if your looking to budget.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
20x10 +35 is not ideal figment, prolly why they sat it won't fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.