Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Looks damn good!

After seeing yours, I went to DYC's website, and saw that they're car kits with sprayer are reasonably priced. Do you have an opinion on said kit? Also, how well does the dip cover rock chips? Do they become "sorta noticeable" or "they're so noticeable, I should fix them first"?

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Looks damn good!

After seeing yours, I went to DYC's website, and saw that they're car kits with sprayer are reasonably priced. Do you have an opinion on said kit? Also, how well does the dip cover rock chips? Do they become "sorta noticeable" or "they're so noticeable, I should fix them first"?
I did my first 2 dips with the basic turbine sprayer kit, they came out better than I expected honestly. There is a bit of texture, orange peel like, but it's less noticeable with a satin or matte finish. If you spray with a stage 3 or higher turbine you won't get any texturing. For this dip I used the advanced sprayer and pro line. You just have to take your time, prep and mask everything really well. As far as rock chips and scratches, the dip kinda covers them, I'd say they're sorta noticeable, less noticeable than they were before being sprayed for sure.

·
RANDOM VICTIM S.O.B.
85 Posts
WOW is all i can say, incredible work and awesome results!!
Southbend huh? I am about 30min away from you, we should meet up sometime. I would totally be down to learn from you to do my own car, but I love the IOM color so much I dont think I would enjoy another color.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Man that looks killer!! I'm gonna look around Houston now and see if I can find a quality shop to do something creative, maybe like an aluminum plastidip (if they do that) and call it the UFO lol, appreciate y'all's work and putting it out there for others to pick up on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
boosted
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
WOW is all i can say, incredible work and awesome results!!
Southbend huh? I am about 30min away from you, we should meet up sometime. I would totally be down to learn from you to do my own car, but I love the IOM color so much I dont think I would enjoy another color.
Where are you from? I'm on the south side of SB. I'd be down to meet up, my free time is kinda limited though, my wife and I just had a baby, but I could probably manage to find some time.

Man that looks killer!! I'm gonna look around Houston now and see if I can find a quality shop to do something creative, maybe like an aluminum plastidip (if they do that) and call it the UFO lol, appreciate y'all's work and putting it out there for others to pick up on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out https://www.dipyourcar.com/#store-locator-block theres quite a few shops in houston

·
RANDOM VICTIM S.O.B.
85 Posts
Where are you from? I'm on the south side of SB. I'd be down to meet up, my free time is kinda limited though, my wife and I just had a baby, but I could probably manage to find some time.
I am on the south edge of laporte, I dont get over to SB/mishawaka nearly as much as I used to, and I work a lot. but we should definitely meet up, I would really like to see that darkshift in person! Dip might even be a good alternative for my racebike!

·
Registered
70 Posts

Check out https://www.dipyourcar.com/#store-locator-block theres quite a few shops in houston

Thanks a lot for your help! I just called Pearls & Pigments, can't wait to get dipped !!

09 G8GT yank3600stall, custom cam, Pat G tune, kooks LT , vararam, 3.45 rear diff., ~436/410

·
Registered
197 Posts
As a owner of a "IGNITION ORANGE" G8 I am a big fan of the burn't copper color,great job:smile2:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
15 Participants
LTUNA03
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing