Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks.My sis bought her g8 gt monday and I was wondering if the small dome like thing in the middle of the dashboard at the bottom of the windshield is stock? what might it be?It seems like it may be a light of some sort

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Yes it's stock, it's the ambient light sensor for the automatic headlights I believe.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes it's stock, it's the ambient light sensor for the automatic headlights I believe.
Ok thanks.I was thinking it might have been a disabled security system of some sort.I have another question.Might you know where i can acquire replacement parts for the key fob?The buttons on it are really worn.I dont want to have to buy the whole thing and have the key cut.The internals are still good.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ok folks.My sis bought her g8 gt monday and I was wondering if the small dome like thing in the middle of the dashboard at the bottom of the windshield is stock? what might it be?It seems like it may be a light of some sort

Its a Sun Load Sensor, it measures outside light intensity and turns the day time running lights off and lights to full on when it gets dark enough.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok thanks.I was thinking it might have been a disabled security system of some sort.I have another question.Might you know where i can acquire replacement parts for the key fob?The buttons on it are really worn.I dont want to have to buy the whole thing and have the key cut.The internals are still good.
I got my key fob button replacement from PacePerformace.com Part# 92237316 or Part# 92245050
***********************.com/c-147788-pace-super-stores-gm-performance-accessory-g8-super-store-miscellaneous.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts