Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, long day at work, what else is there to do other than day dream about the G8? I got to thinking, and I realllly hate how crappy the radio in these cars is, sooo i did alot of thinking and based my past audio expiriences, have decided that i want to go all alpine. I have had nothing but good service from them and there products so might as well keep it going. Heres the floor plan of what i eventually want to be in my car..im probably going to to cab speakers this year, then rear deck next year, since the price is about the same for both. Im pretty sure it'll sound like im at a concert everytime i hear a song.

what do ya think?! I like it lol

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
I don't think the SWR-8D4's are free air subs, they are recommended for enclosures. When "Free-aired" up against the back window, it might sound notsogood.

So am I right in assuming that you're amping the front pair door speakers, your amping the rear pair door speakers, and you're (re-amping) amping the woofers?

Are you changing out the headunit also to an alpine unit?

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they arent, what i was going to do, is have a box made kind of like you do on the bottom of y our rear deck, they only require .50cu/ft per sub of air, so i figured that should be easy enough. as far as the speakers, i am amping the door speakers and replacing the existing amp for the rear woofers. the headunit will remain the same...for now lol

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Cool, makes sense. Are you doing the install yourself, or are you looking locally to have it done? I can refer you to the place that helped me make my box if you like, they're pretty good. You could even see about sourcing your own components and having them just build the box for you or even install it all, up to you.

Sounds like a fun project, but honestly, I'm done with stereo stuff. Too much $$$ wasted in the long run, don't forget I've had my car for 4 years now... lol

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
looks good. good luck making it a reality

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, makes sense. Are you doing the install yourself, or are you looking locally to have it done? I can refer you to the place that helped me make my box if you like, they're pretty good. You could even see about sourcing your own components and having them just build the box for you or even install it all, up to you.

Sounds like a fun project, but honestly, I'm done with stereo stuff. Too much $$$ wasted in the long run, don't forget I've had my car for 4 years now... lol
doing it myself and i have guy i know that can make the box for me..i hear ya on the money thing..bc i sit here and look, and see that i could by a cam dod delete package for the same price...lol needs...to...be...faster...lol

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
09 SBM G8 GT
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha agreed, thats a very nice potential mod!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts