Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again. Finally back to looking at G8s.

Found a white hot for $18.8k w/ 58k, but someone threw down a deposit immediately before I could even see it at the dealership.

But found this one now http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/624912259/overview/

Waiting on Carfax, but I plan on seeing the car soon. It's been on the lot for awhile, probably because they list it as burgundy, so I'm sure they can be talked down some more.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Seems like a pretty good price, but I am sure they could bring it to 15,000.00 even. As long as it has not been beat on & everything seems okay with it. Listen for lifter tick & look at the suspension. Even with car fax not everything is reported.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Me again. Finally back to looking at G8s.

Found a white hot for $18.8k w/ 58k, but someone threw down a deposit immediately before I could even see it at the dealership.

But found this one now http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/624912259/overview/

Waiting on Carfax, but I plan on seeing the car soon. It's been on the lot for awhile, probably because they list it as burgundy, so I'm sure they can be talked down some more.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints?
Following up on this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's already been sold, they just never took the ad down.

Found a 09 for $16.9k, but has 109k, a crooked Holden emblem, and apparently CAI, headers, and catback.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/4941651412.html

There's the aforementioned Liquid Red for $16.9k. Honestly wouldn't pay more than $10k.

Also found a SBM not too far from me w/ 80k for $19.5, but doesn't come with the premium package and honestly wouldn't pay over $16k. I honestly want that one just because it's SBM.

But heated seats would be nice, too...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Or come to Disney World and drive mine home :)
As to price, learned long ago you get what you pay for.......better to pay a little more for a nice one. Saves $ in the long run.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Widen your search... Consider flying out and driving home. Figure even 300 miles is only a few hours for you and someone to drive out and drive home in a day.
I drove to Toronto to Windsor it was only 220 miles away bit it saved me at least 3000 to 4000 dollars.

·
Registered
231 Posts
These cars go fast. There was one in Paulding, Ohio (middle of nowhere) and it was gone in 5 days.

I got mine at a Cadillace dealership (wasnt advertising it) except on their website. Found a clean 09' GT with 96k for a good price. Dealer changed belts, tie rod end, alignment, fluids.

Car drove real nice and tight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
farsighted770
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing