Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i have the opportunity to buy a 2008 G8 GT. It's black in color and has 80k miles on it. It's a little higher then I originally wanted, but it has been dyno tuned and has a CAI (owner claimed it made 368 to the rear, not sure if that's true or not, seems high to me but i dont know these cars all that well yet). Either way, its a 1 owner car and has been driven rural roads so the wear and tear should be minimal. It's extremely clean, he detailed cars for a living. He has all the service records and always ran mobile 1 synthetic. I talked him down from 17k to 14,500 and I can pick it up this afternoon. It has a clean title. Any input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I think others here will agree with me when I say there's no way he's making almost 370 to the rear with a CAI and tune, no matter how fancy the tune is.

I had CAI, Kooks Mids and a Livernois tune... only did 348 or so at the wheels. He may have been confused with engine HP?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seemed like quite the stretch to me too. Either way, I picked up it up and couldn't be happier. He said he drove it down to vector motorsports and had them tune it and gained 50rwhp. I didnt say anything to him but i figured it was BS. Love the car though, ill post some pics tonight

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
He may be thinking crank hp....either way, get car fax report and jump on it....sounds like a good deal....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
ZIm
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing