Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ESTRNGD
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I negotiated a deal over the phone for a 2009 G8 GT with an out of state dealership. During the negotiations they told me the car had bluetooth, after some research tonight I found out it does not.

The deal is not closed, as I cannot get to the car until this weekend. The price for the car was based on the options the dealer told me the car had. I still like the car, but I feel the price should be adjusted down to account for the lack of this option.

What do you guys think would be an acceptable adjustment for them to make, whether it be off the cost of the car, or by throwing something else in, like a spare tire/rim for example? Remember, they are out of state so free oil changes aren't going to cut it!

Looking forward to the feedback...

Thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
A couple hundred, I'd say. $250 at the most. Since it was never an option - only a standard feature from 09.5 on - there isn't much to go on.

·
Registered
328 Posts
good luck getting it for $250
I think he meant $250 off the selling price. You're right though finding a VCIM and having Chris White reprogram it will be considerably more than $250.

·
ESTRNGD
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, for all the feedback... in the end they would only come down another 200... oh well, I tried HARD! In the end I can live without that option, the roof (along with the SBM color) was the option I had to have most.

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
Thanks man, I was never I love with a front end like the 70-73 TA until I saw the G8, then I was hooked all over again.
Congrats on the G8, now where are the pics!

As to the Fire Bird I had 2 different ones, a 1970.5 RAIV white with blue stripe T/A and a Lucern blue 1972 Formula 400 Fire Bird. The T/A turned out to be too far gone to restore but the Formula 400 car wasn't that bad.

That front end SUCKS! Its what Pontiac called an "Endoro" (sp?) front end but its really a dense foam like material that shrinks over time as it dries up making the nose look a tad too small for the cars. That and its a bitch to try to repair! And good luck tring to find a replacement front end! LMAO!

·
Registered
116 Posts
FWIW, every dealer I've been talking with claim that the car has bluetooth. I've looked at 5-6 cars, none of them were 09.5s.

Glad you got the price reduced a bit. It was probably an honest mistake by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
I don't know about the 08's but the 09's have directions in the manual for BlueTooth even though they don't have one.

·
Registered
947 Posts
At least $400.00 to get a module and have it reprogrammed. Then again, On Star is offering On Star Hands Free calling for $10.00/month unlimited minutes. Equals 40 months. Not a bad deal.

·
Domo-nate!!!
158 Posts
Congrats!

McCarthy's Auto World, they're a GM dealer in Coon Rapids...
Damn...another defection from MN. Hope the Vikings aren't next...

Congrats on the color, I've only seen a few in person and it's beautiful. I love my PBM, but the SBM was my first choice. I was stalking one down at a dealer in Red Wing last summer, but it was scooped up about a month before I got in the market...thought you might have been the lucky one until I read the date of your original post.

Welcome to the board and most importantly the G8!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
16 Participants
MNBlackG8GT
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing