Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NC
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory: Determined I had a lifter issue - had to fight to get Sir Walter to deal with it. (Literally had to call the service manager to address an attitude problem with the Service adviser... & only took it to a dealer because it was under warranty...)

So the lifters got replaced, and they changed the oil - (read below for what I just found...) and the radiator fluid. (They also had to change the belts as radiator fluid got on the belts...) (this was a week ago)

SO I was pulling into the garage this afternoon and noticed a HUGE puddle of a caramel colored substance... see attached pic. Jacked the car up to find that the Oil Filter was not tight... I was able to hand tighten it almost a full turn (an I don't have the worlds biggest forearms.) So I have a 1/2 quart of 5w30 on the ground.)

What are the chances that this filter just worked its way loose? (Never had it happen before on a L series engine.

The other pic is a disconnected rubber hose labeled "NC" that hangs down next to the transmission and is missing the clamp. Any idea what this hose goes to?

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Typically oil filter wont back off like that. If your was that loose it was barely on when it left the dealer. Lucky to catch it.

·
NC
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to top it off... I think I'm hearing the tick from the lifters start up again.

Should be a great week. - Going back over there for a come to jesus meeting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts