Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been poking around online looking for OEM rotors and pads for my car. Figured I'd call a dealership and get a price. They wanted almost $1,400 dollars for the parts, no labor included in that price. Are you kidding me???? What a ridiculous RIP OFF that would have been!! Oh, but they could have given me a 20% discount if I were a small auto shop... gee, thanks... :mad:

Forget the OEM crap anyways. I'm going to order better stuff through Maryland Speed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
brakes

I just got my front rotors from gm parts direct.com 169 shipped. I have an 09 gxp. I got the pads for 55 - ceramic. You can get them anywhere. Goodyear did all the labor for 200. So I spent just a tad bit over 400 for front brakes - new OEM rotors and ceramic pads. you can also call pace Pontiac performance. They give huge discounts to Pontiac guys

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
Maryland Speed has some solid package deals, also getting all the parts # and eBay piecing it together is a really cheap way to get it done.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ran into the exact same issue a month or so ago. A shop quoted me $1800 for rotors and pads because they said it is a perfomance car and they would only put the OEM parts on it. I got a set of rotors and ceramic pads from autoanything and put them on myself. About $500. Took about four hours though, whoever decided at the factory to put locktite on the two bolts that hold the caliper bracket is a real SOB!! Those were such a pain in the ass!! If I had an impact wrench I probably could have done the job in about two hours.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ran into the exact same issue a month or so ago. A shop quoted me $1800 for rotors and pads.
what???!?!

·
Premium Member
6,737 Posts
That's crazy. You can get brand new Wagner rotors (four), ThermoQuiet ceramic pads (front and back) for less than $200 shipped through Amazing (Amazon). Reason, I know, is because they were briefly in my shopping cart.... UGH!!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
It's amazing that in the age of social media dealers still think they can get away with this crap. What a joke.

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
That's worthy of reporting them to the better business bureau in my opinion. Flat out robbery.

·
GOT VTAK?
689 Posts
Sorry but forget the Maryland speed DBA kit nothing against them but you can buy the whole CTS-V front 4 piston upgrade kit fully bolt on for around 650 shipped to your door. Hit me up if you want details.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Yea ,I work for a dealer and still go to my personal mechanic for everything I can. Even employee price is crazy .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts