Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Finally got around to installing my Roto-fab yesterday and found this where the stock airbox connects to the throttle body. The dealership replaced the lifters and pistons/rings a couple months ago. I had noticed a bit of a rough idle and my mpg were down a little bit, now i know why. After installing the Roto-fab and cleaning the MAF she is idling smooth as can be and mpg is up.
Anyone on the fence about doing these simple mods...DO IT! With just the Roto-fab and Cortex it is a completely different beast.

·
Registered
139 Posts
That sucks man!

Hopefully I'll have the cash for an intake after my tint/diffuser/Solo's.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Still on the fence but these will be the first mods if I pull the trigger/keep the G8. Dealers are great sometimes; brought my z06 to them to have black wheels swapped out and they mangled the stock ones and tried telling me they didn't do it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Dang that sucks. Is this a dealer you use often? If yes, may not be bad idea to bring it to their attention...although I wouldn't expect them to own up to it. If for nothing else but documentation, I don't think it would hurt.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dang that sucks. Is this a dealer you use often? If yes, may not be bad idea to bring it to their attention...although I wouldn't expect them to own up to it. If for nothing else but documentation, I don't think it would hurt.
Yeah I use them all the time. A good buddy of mine is my service advisor there and I already sent him the pic. I mostly sent it just to give him crap about it. They have been pretty good to me so I'm not gonna make that big of a deal about it.

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Had a dealership in TX do the same thing to the connector on the K&N CAI I had on my '95 Z28. Drove around for about two months with all of that North Texas dust being able to bypass the filter before I pulled it off for something else and noticed it.:cursin:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah I use them all the time. A good buddy of mine is my service advisor there and I already sent him the pic. I mostly sent it just to give him crap about it. They have been pretty good to me so I'm not gonna make that big of a deal about it.
Mind me asking which dealership you go to? I need to have my engine mounts looked at for warranty because the car vibrates like a *[email protected]%# when AFM kicks in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts