Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
skrt
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So currently i'm looking for a GT to call my own. After weeks of looking for one near San Diego, I finally found one near my location. What are the necessities when looking at the G8? I know the basics but there must be something to look out for? would appreciate the feedback!!:)

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
Lifter tick and lower control arms are the most common issues. Check all the electronics.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
First thing I would look at is the engine bay. Look for rust, colored markings on parts, collapsed strut mounts. Anything that looks out of place or weird. Does it have all factory parts? No CAI kit, engine cover and insulated intake cover still in place?

Second thing I'd do is check vehicle history. I wouldn't want a daily driven vehicle from the north.

Third thing I'd do is check over the vehicle for aftermarket parts. Not big on buying a used car that's been modded.

And finally, the last thing I'd do is take that bad boy for a test drive. Drive over several uneven surfaces, in and out of several driveways, and listen for any popping or crunching noises.

·
skrt
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks alot fellas! The car history says the car has been in CA the whole time, Southern Cali to be exact. I'm not so confident relying on carfax, I might get the autocheck for it. 47k miles on this bad boy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Eloquent
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing