Pontiac G8 Forum banner

December 1st Wild Horse Pass?

3K views 24 replies 4 participants last post by  blackg8smatter 
#1 ·
Are any of you going to WHP for test and tune? There is suppose to be a cool down. Race temperatures should be in the 60s with high pressure and low humidity. I plan to be there with my Fat Cat.

#2 ·
Hey Alan! I cant see how I missed this post! I'll be out there this Friday. :) See ya then!

#3 ·
Alex will also be there. Should be fun!

#5 ·
Is that the time to beat? I thought it was 8s?

#7 ·
AH, you're talkin GXP!!

Ima try to go deep 10s with my current 10 PSI. If it doesn't happen, I'll do a lower pulley and send it. lol

#9 ·
I'm not sure. I'm not the best at following "The list". I think You may be the fastest overall GXP though. I'm just going as fast as I can with this man trans. Ha ha. I agree though, running full weight is more fun and challenging. Plus, people get a kick out of the child seats in the back seat of my car while I'm in the staging lanes. :)

#11 ·
If I hook I think I will go quicker than 10.16. But only around 138 - 140. That was a 9 second car in that video. He took off real easy on her. Of course mine is not a G8. Just a fat Cat. 4500 with out me in there. Over 4700 with me in there. The weather will be nice. In the 60s. Not too hot and not too cold.

#12 ·
And I thought my car was heavy. My G8 weighed in at 4137 lbs, at the WHP scales. Without me in it. Add another 215lbs with me in it

#13 ·
Yeppers. She is one Fat Cat. Iron Block. Also do not quote me on this. But I think pretty much the longest coupe in the world. Also the supercharger is not a bolt on. There are coolers everywhere. So all the extra liquid to keep her cooled down.

#15 ·
LOL. I have two excuses. I know excuses. 1) Track preparation was less than ideal to put it mildly. 2) New 30 inch tall tires did not hook me up. But it did slow me down. So the Fat Cat did 10.23 at 137.77. 111.3 in the eighth.

I am not sure what Rhett's friend ran in his Caddy. That could of done it with a good hook up.

#17 ·
That would be correct. To add insult to injury on my 10.23 pass the guy I was racing beat both the 10.17 and the 145. Dr. Berger. He is a regular out there. His license plate is DRLOWT. lol. He has a very highly modified GTR. 9.4 at 156.5.

#19 ·
I think you hit it right on the nose with the GTR. 20K in his transmission. I am not positive. But I know on his first two runs he was having trouble just like me and 90 percent of the others there. I lost track of him towards the end of the night. So he might of had a good run at the end? Rhett, what say you?

#20 ·
My last pass was terrible. I saw drips of what seemed to be water on the starting line. Crossed my fingers and went for it. Needles to say I spun badly. Letting out a total of 2 times to try and hook. I let out at the end to try and not get kicked out, but still got the boot. Went 10.88@132 on that pass with a 1.78 60ft. 1/8 mile trap looked to have a promising trap at the 1320, but oh well. 1/8 mile trap was 109.3 mph. I need to attend a track rental, and have a better prepped launch pad I guess.

#21 ·
Please let me know when you do the track rental.

#23 ·
Found out the GTR was an Alpha 12. 1500 rwhp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.