Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the full kit from VCM-USA. Thanks David!
Intake arrived today (side and infill panels a couple days ago). This thing is huge! Of course I had to take it apart to see how to get to the filter. Those pins were tight. Glad I will only have to do iy once a year or so.
There was a foam strip laying in the plastic bag, I think I know where it goes but some confirmation would be great:

Good install instructions here:
https://www.vcmstore.com.au/WebRoot...mance/MediaGallery/OTR_VE_Install_Booklet.pdf

Has anyone done a thread on accessing and cleaning the filter?
And does anybody make a pre-filter that will cover the mouth of this beast?

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
I just received mine in the mail 2 days ago and there wasn't a foam strip in the package.

Also, I noticed there is a metal frame that holds the air filter into the plastic housing assembly. That braket is held in by 3 pins and is covered w/foam on the bottom and the top 2 corners. Perhaps the foam in your box is some spare foam...but it looks huge and is way bigger than the foam I'm talking about.

PM Dave.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just received mine in the mail 2 days ago and there wasn't a foam strip in the package.

Also, I noticed there is a metal frame that holds the air filter into the plastic housing assembly. That braket is held in by 3 pins and is covered w/foam on the bottom and the top 2 corners. Perhaps the foam in your box is some spare foam...but it looks huge and is way bigger than the foam I'm talking about.

PM Dave.
It's the same strip. Mine just wasn't attached for some reason.
Here's where it should have been:

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Awesome, glad I could help and that you got it fixed.

Now, get ready to :driving:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I'm considering this intake, will it work with a tvs?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Can't wait to get your impressions, GXPaycheck, and I'mmma gonna say it now, "What took you so long?" :D

--zepcom

·
Registered
737 Posts
is there a difference between the vararam and VCM?

·
Registered
366 Posts
wish they made a piece for the GTO that was as nice as the g8 one

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
Have you seen the VCM? If you compared the two side by side, you'd see a difference. Some vary on weather it's worth the extra cost, but for me, it was! Looks factory installed and breathes amazing performance.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Will the VCM intake throw a code if you're not tuned?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I didnt get a code with it on stock tune

·
Registered
494 Posts
I did not get a code, either. The foam strip is worthless. Mine was separate as well. It doesn't stay put.
I like this intake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
172 Posts
i wish it didn't cost an arm and a leg

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't wait to get your impressions, GXPaycheck, and I'mmma gonna say it now, "What took you so long?" :D
--zepcom
$$$$

Huge difference!

i wish it didn't cost an arm and a leg
VCM-USA has the best price I've seen in a while. Got tired of waiting and went for it. Of course if I make a $ on the RotoFab it will help!

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
VCM-USA has the best price I've seen in a while. Got tired of waiting and went for it. Of course if I make a $ on the RotoFab it will help!
Yes he does! :judge:

·
Banned
5 Posts
Will the VCM intake throw a code if you're not tuned?
There should be no codes assuming installation is followed as instructed. However, as with most performance modifications, a tune by a reputable company/tuner will always provide untapped benefits.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
The Roaming G8
390 Posts
What are the hp numbers for this intake? I looked at the dyno chart and I did a conversion and it looked like it was over 60 hp. I was thinking that can't be right or the website that I used was incorrect with the kw to hp conversion. Probably in 1-2 paychecks I will have this intake also. Really looking forward to it. :)

·
2009 G8 GXP
446 Posts
If you have any questions, please let me know.
The VCM-Performance Hood Insert Panel Suit VE Commodore will give greater clearence between the bonnet insulation and an OTR intake. In some cases when the bonnet lining starts to drop, rubbing on an OTR intake can occur.
Would this work with the G8 hood panel ?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts