Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a new to me 08 G8 GT, the PO had debadged the deck lid. I would like to put all the original emblems back on. I have already purchased them all (Pontiac, G8, GT, and the arrow head) new.

I tried searching but had no luck, is there any templates a guy can buy to get them back in the exact right spot, and straight? Or is there some really good measurements available that I could use to apply these new emblems?

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
There is a style line (going left to right) across the entire upper section of the trunk (just above the license plate area). That style line is a little tough to see, about 1/4" above the actual roll in contour lip of that section of sheet metal. All the vertical an lateral measurements written in the service manual were from that style line (not the rolled contour lip). The GT, ARROW, and PONTIAC have their lower edge set at 10.5mm or 0.41" above that style line.The *G8* has a lower edge measurement of 7.5mm or 0.3" above that style line (that measurement allows for a balanced above/below the PONTIAC wording). The *GT* has a left to right measurement going from the left corner edge of the 1/4" style line to 102mm or 4.02" as measured at the top inboard most edge the T (from the GT). The *G8* has a left/right measurement from the right corner 1/4" style line to the top right portion of the *8* of 11.5mm or 0.45". The gap between the PONTIAC an G8 is 15.5mm or 0.61" The Arrow of course, is centered left to right as required. If this is confusing (it sure was for me) "I'll try" to clear up whatever doesn't make sense at this time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts