Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a new rear tire for my 20x10 wheels. I had a set of Bridgestone RE960s on it. Tire rack has my size 275/30/20 on closeout for $303 each. To me that was a little higher than what I wanted to pay for a tire. So I did some searching and came across this tire (Delinte Thunder D7). I was skeptical at first about getting a non major brand tire and on top of that it was $90/$114 with shipping. So I pondered with it and pulled the trigger. I haven't mounted it yet but it appears to be a bit wider than the Bridgestone and has more side wall and rim protection (which I prefer). It's has a 320 treadwear compared to 400 for the Bridgestone. Once I get it mounted and put miles on it I will post pics and give my review. Hoping this can be a good quality and cheaper alternative to some other tires.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that tread is what caught my eye and it does look closely like the hankook

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the tire mounted today. The Delinte is more squared compared to the Bridgestone being rounded (has a stretched look). My wheel gap is filled a bit more with this tire. So far the only thing I don't like about the tire are the "nipples" on the sidewall.

I got some comparison pics, and look beyond my dirty car. Rain and pollen won the battle

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
I am considering picking up a set of these for the rear. How is the tire holding up so far? How is the dry traction?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot I created this post, lol. Since this post I've put on about 7000 miles and the tires. The grip is better than goodyears and as far as traction goes they hold pretty good. If I go from a dead stop there is little tire squeal. I'm pleased with the tire so far and I would purchase again whenever the time comes.

Here are a couple pics:
The 1st pic the closest tire and last tire are the Delintes

2nd pic is 275 Delinte next to a 245 Bridgestone

Sent from my HTC One X

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
I will most likely try these tires out. I know a lot of people are all about the high end tires but I have had pretty good luck with my 150$ per tire Nankangs and they hook up 100% at the track and fairly well on the street also. Only downside is that they are loud on the highway.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Glad I found this thread, thanks alot for the reviews, just purchased me a set and was very skeptical but this helped alot.

·
The Beast
38 Posts
Any more feedback on these? Need to get shoes for my Camaro 20's and spotted these on ebay, google search brought me to this thread.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any more feedback on these? Need to get shoes for my Camaro 20's and spotted these on ebay, google search brought me to this thread.
I have the tires off now, getting another set. Shortly after my last post I hit the track a few times, traveled from Memphis to Atlanta then back to Memphis. Also from Memphis to Dallas and back. So I put a lot of miles on them and wore them down pretty quickly but they held decently for the price.

·
The Beast
38 Posts
Has anyone run them on all 4 corners yet?

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
amazon 480 shipped for 4 245 40 19s
only 11 left leave me 4...

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
We have had some good reviews from our customers on those tires as well! For a bargain brand tire, its tough to beat.
Were you referring to the delnites or the nankangs?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Were you referring to the delnites or the nankangs?
More so the Delintes as we have used them often. I dont have a lot of feedback on the Nankangs, but we do get asked about them often. We have great pricing in them so they are tough to pass up.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
More so the Delintes as we have used them often. I dont have a lot of feedback on the Nankangs, but we do get asked about them often. We have great pricing in them so they are tough to pass up.
i cant seem to find tires on your site, do you have to buy wheels too?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
690 Posts
We certainly DO sell tires we just dont have all the companies broken down on the site because of how many brands and sizes! Let me know what your looking for and I will happily get you pricing! I have done numerous wheel/tire packages with TPMS for members here! I suppose we should make it more apparent on the site!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts