Pontiac G8 Forum banner

DEXCOOL

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  norton13 
#1 ·
Finally had to put dexcool in both of my g8's reservoir on Thursday has been 5 & 6 years since the last change. Was going to change it but my mechanic says unless I have a problem with the heat leave it in for now.

#2 ·
Finally had to put dexcool in both of my g8's reservoir on Thursday has been 5 & 6 years since the last change. Was going to change it but my mechanic says unless I have a problem with the heater leave it in for now.

#3 ·
I don't see any reason you couldn't do a radiator drain and fill a time or two. That's what I did with mine a few months ago.

#4 ·
All radiator coolant has inhibitors and other chemicals which over time break down and lose their effectiveness. Five to six years since the last change is objective not knowing how far either car has traveled in that period of time.

#5 ·
All vehicle fluid wear out or get used up. Dexcool has one flaw. If too much air is in the system it starts to make a sludge. Just like oil, fresh is always best

#6 ·
Finally had my V6 fluid changed after 8 years fluid will still okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.