Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 G8 GXP M6. I recently had a bad hazard switch that had to be replaced. Unfortunately it is part of the whole infotainment/ radio center. To fix the switch they replaced the entire radio? . When I left the dealer I hit a small bump and the radio screen went into uncontrolled horizontal hold like an old TV set . I hit the side of it and it stopped. Hit the side of the console again ant it did I it gain so I turned around and went right back tho the dealer and showed him and he sad the unit they installed is defective and will have to be replaced. I drove off and the screen was going crazy and I pushed on the front of the radio and it stopped and has not had a problem since. Now I notice that the DIC is so dim I cannot see it during the day and it is very dull at night and flickers/ pulsates in brightness. Also the brightness control on the dash only works at night and is nonfunctional during the day. I don't remember if that was the way it was before they messed with it. Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'd just let them replace the radio again and tell them that since you left their shop ,you've had trouble with the lighting. It was their error ,so let them fix it. That's what I'd do.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have a 2009 G8 GXP M6. I recently had a bad hazard switch that had to be replaced. Unfortunately it is part of the whole infotainment/ radio center. To fix the switch they replaced the entire radio? . When I left the dealer I hit a small bump and the radio screen went into uncontrolled horizontal hold like an old TV set . I hit the side of it and it stopped. Hit the side of the console again ant it did I it gain so I turned around and went right back tho the dealer and showed him and he sad the unit they installed is defective and will have to be replaced. I drove off and the screen was going crazy and I pushed on the front of the radio and it stopped and has not had a problem since. Now I notice that the DIC is so dim I cannot see it during the day and it is very dull at night and flickers/ pulsates in brightness. Also the brightness control on the dash only works at night and is nonfunctional during the day. I don't remember if that was the way it was before they messed with it. Any advice would be great. Thanks
Dr.Mike,

Greetings and sincere apologies to hear of the DIC brightness concerns. I'm sure that's displeasing for you. Will you be going back to get the unit replaced? Have you made an appointment to take the vehicle back to your dealership?

William R.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Had to break it to you Mike, but it sounds like another trip to the dealership is in the cards. Maybe the defective radio has something to do with the dimly lit driver information cluster, but that's merely a poorly aimed shot in the dark. GL

·
Registered
197 Posts
resurrecting an old thread

A search brings a lot of questions, no answers.

My GXP the DIC too dim during the day .
Pretty much can not read it in sunlight .

Headlamps on, the DIC is adjustible withe the gauges , from dark to "bright enough"

Daytime, the fixed setting is just too dim.

Has been like this as long as I can remember.
I wrote it off as crappy, but paying attention to my wife's GT, hers is much brighter during the fixed, daylight mode.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Is the DIC backlit, and bulbs- leds that could be replaced?

Thanks for any help.
Gerry

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
PONY MAN
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing