Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a set w/ TPMS for $450, was it a deal? are these even what they claim to be? i know the GXP wheels have 5 "V" spokes and these have 7. but they seem to be the same bolt pattern and and 19x8.5

·
Registered
328 Posts
Are you sure they are V wheels and not just CTS wheels? The V wheels I've seen have 5 spokes (very similar to GXP wheels) and they are usually staggered with 19x9 and 19x9.5.

·
Registered
491 Posts
CTS-V wheels are pretty much identical to the GXP wheels save for being wider (9" up front and 9.5" out back). Those are certainly not CTS-V wheels.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Those aren't the CTS-v wheels they're CTV (non-v) wheels, but throw them on the ride and see how they look.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
CTS-V wheels are pretty much identical to the GXP wheels save for being wider (9" up front and 9.5" out back). Those are certainly not CTS-V wheels.
probably for the better being they are 19x8.5 all around should work better for my car... will work great for now, maybe someday someone will trade me for the 5 spoke sport rims when i get bored with these.

i can't even find these rims anywhere for sale, they have GM stamps and part #s on them guessi will have to look them up tonight.... they are from the CTS Wagon/coupe as i have discovered through google images.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is there any chance if anyone knows if the GXP center caps will fit on this rim. that would be awesome. I put the rims on via photoshop and love the way they look. but need to change the centers to pontiac. i figure i will order a gxp center cap pontiac logo and see if it fits.

·
Addicted
1,476 Posts
Still a decent set for that price.
Yep and they should look really nice when you get them on....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome to know! i was just looking at the stock 18's thinking that center might fit.... right now i am waiting to install the new tires.... something about buying the car 3 weeks ago and not having money for tires. :(
I have struck out on every cap I have found. The 18 caps are to small. The g6 caps were a no go. Anyone have a part # that might fit I am thinking maybe the gxp ones will fit.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They look great, are they 48mm. offset? I believe they came with the performance package.
19x8.5x48 i just bought the tires will be here next monday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
lvgmman
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing