Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was only in the market a week, but I felt like this was a good deal given the fact that people on autotrader are consistently asking over 20k for similar mileage, so I jumped on it. The mods I was going to do anyway later on, so I saved a good chunk there too.

Year: 2008
Mileage: 48k
Price: $17k
Color: Black/Black
Options: Everything except sunroof (bluetooth, blaupunkt, 19s, etc)
Mods: 1 7/8 ARH catted, ported intake manifold
Exterior: 9/10. Needs polish real bad, but once polished will look new. No dents or unfixable scratches.
Interior 7/10. Has a few areas with these weird white specks, almost like someone spilled white paint. Or maybe that's just how these interiors wear.

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I love the car as a baby hauler. Been in the LS game for a while, but got rid of my fun cars because we were having a kid. I totally forgot about the G8s when I was shopping for a dad car last year. I should have gotten one then.

I uploaded the ones from the ad.

It's gonna look great once I polish it. The interior I'll have to work on through junkyard parts. No fixing these white specs.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think you got a pretty good deal. Where are ya from? Is it me, or does it look like it has snow tires on it?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think you got a pretty good deal. Where are ya from? Is it me, or does it look like it has snow tires on it?
About 40 mins outside Philly.

Nah, they're just crappy federal summer tires. Gonna grab a set of snow tires this weekend to keep them handy during these brutal winters we've had the last few years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Extremely jealous. Here in AZ that'd be a smoking deal. I have honestly been looking religiously for almost a year. That's a great deal, it has low miles IMO, and some aftermarket already done to it. Awesome man, congrats!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I prefer/trust edmunds.com for the most accurate pricing information. Be your own judge. You shouldn't pay up for mods as they add no real value to the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
$17K for 44K 08

Carmax outside of Atlanta about 30 miles recently advertised a V6 basic car with 60K miles for $18999. I just traded my like equipped 2009 with 66K miles for a 2016 Mustang coupe with a like equipment package to the G8 and was given $11.5K tradein. The dealer even took $1500 off the tradein because it was a "discontinued brand".The body had some parking lot scratches and a door ding but the harm was done by G.M. not fixing the ignition switch recall. The dealer produced a CarFax with this unsatisfied recall standing out. I thought about backing out of the deal but I've had other issues with frequent TPMS messages popping up on the dash for one. Then having to take it back to the Buick dealer 15 miles away and receiving less than satisfactory service-took two trips and $300 to solve the TPMS fault situation-was the clincher. That car is a sweet ride and I'll miss it. Anyway it's Ford's problem now.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Carmax outside of Atlanta about 30 miles recently advertised a V6 basic car with 60K miles for $18999. I just traded my like equipped 2009 with 66K miles for a 2016 Mustang coupe with a like equipment package to the G8 and was given $11.5K tradein. The dealer even took $1500 off the tradein because it was a "discontinued brand".The body had some parking lot scratches and a door ding but the harm was done by G.M. not fixing the ignition switch recall. The dealer produced a CarFax with this unsatisfied recall standing out. I thought about backing out of the deal but I've had other issues with frequent TPMS messages popping up on the dash for one. Then having to take it back to the Buick dealer 15 miles away and receiving less than satisfactory service-took two trips and $300 to solve the TPMS fault situation-was the clincher. That car is a sweet ride and I'll miss it. Anyway it's Ford's problem now.
Ouch..............

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Congrats on the Mustang but damn you took a beating on that trade in.

OP seems like a decent price for the car. Congrats!

·
Registered
791 Posts
The fact that a brand is discontinued is already factored into the price, no need to take off $1500. I would venture to say that Pontiac being discontinued helped hold the value of G8s. Probably same cant be said for G6, G5, and the others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Seems like a fair price for trade in. Dont understand why anyone would say otherwise. My source has it around $11K.

I would have negotiated for more personally, but its all a "give and take"...more money you get for your trade, then you pay more for the new car. less they give for your trade, then you just take the difference off the price of the new car. Its the overall price paid that matters, not how much of that overall price is catagorized as "trade" value

if your happy with the deal, thats what matters

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems like a fair price for trade in. Dont understand why anyone would say otherwise. My source has it around $11K.

I would have negotiated for more personally, but its all a "give and take"...more money you get for your trade, then you pay more for the new car. less they give for your trade, then you just take the difference off the price of the new car. Its the overall price paid that matters, not how much of that overall price is catagorized as "trade" value

if your happy with the deal, thats what matters
Agreed. If your happy with it then forget about the rest. If you keep asking and searching for other G8s selling after you already purchased one, you will eventually come across one that is or seems like a better deal. But at the end of the day, you got what you wanted and didn't have to continue waiting for it. Must cease the moment when it comes. I let 4 G8s slip out of my hands before I purchased mine just because I refused paying the asking price (Me and my stubbornness) and sure enough they sold within hours... literally.. I spoke with a representative at 10 am and by 4pm it was sold. Congratulation on your purchase, joy and happiness is priceless, don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
N1ghtrydr
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing