Pontiac G8 Forum banner

Did i pay to much?

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  supersnake67 
#1 ·
I'm thinking I overpaid a tad. 09 gt sport pgk. Few nice mods. 78k miles. Never seen winter. I paid $18k. I missed out on 2 others so this one came up and I jumped on her. What u guys think? I didn't get ripped off did I? Lol

#8 ·
I agree with this 1,000,000%. There's always someone out there who got a better deal or knows someone who got a better deal or who could've gotten you a better deal from so and so. As long as you're happy with what you paid, that's all that matters. Enjoy the car!!! :driving:

#9 ·
After spending 3 weeks searching the country for a 2009 G8 GT with the features we wanted, I can tell you that these cars are commanding a premium price. You can find private sellers with the occasional steal of a deal (found a 09 GT w/ sunroof and red/black leather for $16,500, but didn't have other features we wanted)

Dealers are asking $20-22K for 09 GT's loaded out with sunroof, leather, sports, and premium. They are getting 18-19 for them, all day long. If the car is clean, it doesn't sit on the lot more than 7-10 days.

We found one in Wichita that needed $2,000 worth of paint repairs, had worn interior, and a motor that seemed a little weak ... and the best price I could get them to was $17,900.

We paid $18,700 for a white one, loaded out, from a dealership in Indiana. Even it wasn't perfect (minor paint blemish here and there). But body was straight, motor was strong, interior was as fresh as brand new, 71K miles, original window sticker still in the glove box, exceptionally well maintained.

We might have gotten them down to $18,500, but they weren't going to make it easy to get that extra $200 out of them, LOL, so it wasn't worth the fight. They knew what they had. I knew what that had. We both knew the other knew that we all knew what they had. :D

Also, FWIW, our 2009 Sport Red GT, loaded out, 84K miles ... State Farm valued it at 19,300 when they totaled it out.

#10 ·
Awesome to hear man. Yeah I feel I got a really good, strong running car. Its absolutely clean as heck! Never smoked in never seen winter! I also still have the original dealer window sticker. So I feel better having known this G8 has been well taken care of.

#11 ·
I bought mine from a private seller and he came down $500 but would not budge of $18k. And I had cash money $100 bills. So if he was that strong at holding at $18k (which i thought was a tad high) then I knew he knew he had a really clean taken care of G8.

#13 ·
Got mine an 08 gt with 75,xxx miles with a Magnaflow exhaust and upgraded sway bars for 16,500 from a car dealer ship. Of course they had an R8 and bentleys etc there so mine was probably a joke to them. But I have seen them in connecticut for 25,xxx and more
Nice, sounds like a good deal. Did you get the sunroof? Or 2-tone interior? I had to get all that stuff for me to pay top dollar.

#16 ·
In the end we all have paid to much.... if your happy that is all that matters. When I was looking there were 4 within a 100 miles of me 2 black, one silver and a red one. All around 20 grand with around 50k miles except the red one. The red one had 90k miles and was being sold for the same price as the black 1 owner gt I bought with 52k miles for 19,500. That dealer tried so hard to get me to cancel my deal and buy the red one. I told them there was no way I'd pay the same price for a car with 40k more miles. Now days unfortunately trade in values on these aren't the greatest so it's better to ride it out. Last offer I got on trade for mine was 13 grand and I still owed 16 on it. My wife beat it in to my brain to leave it a lone and just keep it. Good luck and hope you enjoy it. It puts a smile on my face every morning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.