Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looking Good!!! i see you got the racecar in the shot too!!!! :p looks like you beat me to the gold rims....i got a gallon of gold but ran out of black to finish. maybe next weekend. i did my car over the 4th weekend, ill try to post pics later. Any more pics of the color shift? did you put any glossifier for the final coat? And are you using the dip coat after spray? i highly recommend it to anyone who dips their car.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking Good!!! i see you got the racecar in the shot too!!!! :p looks like you beat me to the gold rims....i got a gallon of gold but ran out of black to finish. maybe next weekend. i did my car over the 4th weekend, ill try to post pics later. Any more pics of the color shift? did you put any glossifier for the final coat? And are you using the dip coat after spray? i highly recommend it to anyone who dips their car.
With the DipPearl Topcoat, glossifier isn't needed. I used three gallons of black for the base, two gallons of topcoat with the pearl mixed in, then one gallon of straight topcoat. Finished it off with a coat of DipCoat.

Did the wheels last fall and they're getting a bit beat up, so I bought a graphite wheel kit to re-do the wheels, but that's aproject for another day.

That's all the pics I have for now.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts
Great job!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Darn nice work. Congratulations on a good job.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Looks great I want to do mine

·
doing stuff and things
534 Posts
Whoa... I dig it.

·
Premium Member
4,628 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow looks great! I was just about to post about dipped G8's. Did mine a few months ago but didn't put an extra cost of topcoat on...now I wish I did. My car is LR too and it's just too expensive to get the front end repainted for me right now. I'm going to do a satin red with some Pearl and apple juice as my next project.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts