Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I took my 09 GT in for service and they found the driver's side front spring had snapped in half. They tell me the OEM part is discontinued and they are having trouble tracking down a replacement. Can anyone tell me if they've replaced the stock springs with non-OEM springs? I'm looking to keep it at the stock ride height. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
The part number for the GT coil springs is 92203694. Located an online retailer (cheapest gm parts) that has them listed on their website so they could possibly be in stock. If not, try pace performance. Alternatively, you could purchase a set from a member who/m has replaced them with lowering springs or coil-overs. There are plenty of aftermarket coil spring options such as Eibach, H&R, Tein, and Pedders. However, am unsure which one would be the closest to o.e. ride height. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just as an update. No one has the stock springs any more. I ended up buying Pedders PED-2956 springs which kept the stock ride height.

·
Registered
498 Posts
PPV guys use the 2014 SS springs with success to bring the car down from full on 4x4. Seems like another option.

-J

·
Premium Member
8,281 Posts
^^^ Last seen July 26, 2019.

·
Registered
2009 GT, Black
774 Posts
Look up the part number. That may tell you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts