Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if there is a compatible replacement out there for the rear lower spring insulators? It seems both the original G8 lower insulator for the rear is discontinued and the Camaro part number (which was the same part essentially) are both MIA. Can't find either anywhere. I might go hit up my local dealer in DFW and see if they can spot any in stock. But I'm also wondering if Moog or someone makes something close that would fit.

2008-2009 G8
GM 92244437 - Rear Coil Spring Insulator, Lower (discontinued)

2010-2015 Camaro
GM 92232063 - Rear Coil Spring Insulator, Lower (discontinued)

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
85 Posts
BMR sells the Superpro rear spring seat, SPF-3247K. I had the same problem finding them, and that was all i found.

·
Premium Member
8,253 Posts
Is not the Super Pro SPF-3247K the rear coil spring upper insulator?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are correct. My new springs came with a new lower insulator, and i got the upper spring seat separate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
All the King springs come with the lower insulator on them. I would offer you my old ones as i kept the springs, but they are in pretty ruff shape. I got them from G8only.com

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ryanosu00 Damn, for real? :unsure: Because I've got new King SSL's here too but they didn't come with new insulators. And just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm not talking about the rubber that wraps around the spring (I've got that), but instead the rubber ring that rests on the shock perch that the bottom of the spring will sit on. I might just have to hack something up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry for the confusion Nightfall. I don't remember replacing this because i didn't! There was almost nothing left of that rubber ring when i did the shocks and springs this summer. And, like you, i could not find that part # either. Right now i just have the spring sitting directly on the shock pearch. So far so good, but i guess it could cause an issue in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts