Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Capital City G8 Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a trivial post to many, but important for beginner DIYers..
So, I searched the forums the others day with no luck on how to remove that back vent. It is a MUST do if you are doing your own stereo upgrade.

1. There are 2 peices of trim on the top and the bottom of the vents. you can use your finger nails and gently lift up from the middle of both, they will pop right off.

2. Remove the 9 screws holding in the framing and the vents.

3. Slide the frame straight off.

4. Slide the vent straight out.

5. End result, now you have relatively easy access to the opposite side of the carpet so you can snake wires through. That part is easier said then done. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
is the center armrest attached separately from all the stuff you removed? Reason I ask is I'm probably going to take it off and have it upholstered in leather....

·
Capital City G8 Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, its totally seperate. Damn, I had that post around here somewhere but cant find it. It is really simple. I believe all you need to do is open and there are a few screws holding it onto the console. If I find that post I will repost it here. Good luck, also, I think the lid detaches from the inner part as well. So you could take just the PLEATHER peice to a shop to have it wrapped. Let me know what you figure out. Or worst case, you can order the one already in leather from Crazy Paul.

·
Capital City G8 Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I lied. I think you have to go through this process to get the lid off. Look closely on the second to last pic. I think it shows the arms and there might be a few screws there that you need to take out. That product wasnt from Crazy Paul, though he might have one but here is the one from JHP: http://www.jhp.com.au/g8partsdirect/leatherconsole.htm Little pricy but you might cost the same to have it upholstered. Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts