·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you looking for generic mats or o.e. GXP mats?
I originally wanted a new set of the all black OEM mats, but quickly realized they don't sell them anymore. I don't like the mats that are still available that have the Pontiac logo on them. I then looked at some Lloyd's mats because my dad has some in his corvette and they are really nice, but a buddy of mine on facebook told me he bought some and there were some fitment issues with them and he's still trying to get that issue resolved with them. I thought the Lloyd's mats were already a little too expensive to begin with and then for them not to fit correctly was a no go for me. I stumbled across a few threads on the SS forum where some guys were buying some GM accessory mats with holden emblems on them and looked at those which led me to the mats that I posted in the original post. I like the red stitching on the SS mats, so that's why I was interested in seeing if they fit.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot see why... but I can be wrong.
That seems to be my problem. I can't find a definite answer on whether or not they'll fit. I found one post on the SS forum from a member using his old G8 weather tech mats in his new SS and he said that the back mats fit perfect, but the front mounting points were a little off. I was hoping to get a couple more people to confirm if they fit or not before I drop $100+ on new mats.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I got my answer. Greg from Pace Performance responded to me on the other board and said they definitely don't fit. :crying:

The factory SS mats do not fit the G8. I did a test fit per CP's request back in 2014.

The floor design is slightly different in the dead pedal area and the retaining clips.

-Greg

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Does anyone know if these can be sourced? Australia? OEM G8 floor mats with Pontiac circular V crest logo...P/N: 92213585
No, but try contacting Radrace19 here on the forum as he might have an idea.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Why not put the Pontiac emblem on all four floor mats as opposed to just the front ones? Ugh.

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
I bought the Lloyds Ultimats for my Terrain and love them. They fit great.

Unfortunately, when I sold my G8 I threw in the *two* spare sets of genuine GM floormats for free with the deal, so I can't help you there. Maybe the guy who bought my G8 will sell one of the extra sets to you?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts