Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to finally tint my spyder tail lights and spec-d headlights today. I wet sanded them a little then cleaned them off with some isopropyl alcohol which I found suggested is videos for wrapping and tinting with paint. Well apparently it makes certain plastics crack. The tail lights cracked up to 3 inches long but the headlights had no affect on them. I didn't really see anything on here about it so I thought I'd let you guys know before it happens to someone else too.

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

I'm trying to get wax residue off of the black plastic trim on my Terrain and was contempleting alcohol. :eek:

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
That sucks o.p. sometimes we learn our lessons the hard way. But always good to share those experiences so others can learn before they make the same.

As for wax on moldings. If its a perferated modling, meaning it has texture. You will stain the molding if you get wax on it. There are trim and molding kits to dye the molding or you can use a dressing to just hide it. As soon as you wash it or it rains, the dressing wears off and wax will reappear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts