Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you do, I'd like to ask a few basic questions. I do my own tuning on another vehicle manufacturer and I need to make a decision whether to stick with this brand (cheaper), or start over with another brand.

The reason why I'm considering going elsewhere is because the brand I use now apparently does not have the capability of reading the PCM's existing tune file and converting it into a file I can see / modify / save... This is extremely important to me that I be able to do this.

So I'd like to ask who's hardware / firmware / software you use and if it has the capability to read / modify / save the tune currently residing in your PCM onto your laptop, other than to save it as "stock".

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I use HP Tuners. It's obviously not inexpensive, but it's a good program.

$550 or so with the pro set to hook up a wideband to it (2 analog channels on the pro link).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With HP Tuners, can you download your existing tune (stock or non-stock), save it in a format that is readable with their software? This is really important to me. Thanks.

Willie

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts
With HP Tuners, can you download your existing tune (stock or non-stock), save it in a format that is readable with their software? This is really important to me. Thanks.
Willie
Yes and Yes. What is nice is you can log and if the tuning gets overwhelming you can send the tune and logs to a remote tuner who really knows what he is doing and they can make the necessary adjustments to the tune and send it back to you to load in the car. No mod is to complex for the tool to be able to del with, name it twin turbos, supercharges.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Hey Willie,

HP Tuners will give you what you need. Best tuning software for GM hands down.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I should add.... The pro feature set for the MPVI-2 is not really ready.... so don't spend the extra $250 until it is.....

·
Registered
79 Posts
I should add.... The pro feature set for the MPVI-2 is not really ready.... so don't spend the extra $250 until it is.....
I believe the dongle to log something like a wideband has been setup for the MPVI-2, worked fine when tuning on friends cars. The additional features such as Bluetooth connection and the data logging w/o laptop to hold the info isn't available as far as I know.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You are correct, it is not. Kind of makes buying it now pointless.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess i'm the odd man out, I have both EFI Live and HP Tuners. The only thing I use HP for is something that's not supported by EFI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts