Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I am going back to stock with the car, where do the dod lifters go?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dod kit will be available in time.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
that's a first

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's a first
You may be right. I am thinking as I had a hard time selling modded, maybe stock would be ideal. Larger market maybe. Couldn't trade it the way it is. I would take a bath. I was thinking of just putting in an ls9 cam so it would be very unnoticeable, and sell it or trade it in. I think there are probably some legal issues if I do not disclose that's have a cam in it. I was asking $25k the way it is, and got no bites. I am interested in moving on from this car. It has not been as easy as I thought it would be. It is a beautiful, and fast car. My guess is slower, and quieter, it will sell easier.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ill be interested in the camshaft if you ever sell.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
If the demod is done properly and everything works great afterwards, that opens up a world of opportunity to those who are looking for a near-stock car. Good luck to you, sir. Most $$ invested in "mods" never is realized when the car is sold, so if you are able to return it to stock and then list the mods you recently took off (you have what, like 3 cams now?) you could sell them on g8board.com and recoup some of the money invested in them.

--zep

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am more nervous going back to stock then I was deleting dod.

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts
actually, now you have more experience under your belt, so in essence it's probably quite similar, just different cam, different lifters, and a different valley cover, from what I gather. Take the knowledge gained from installing the other cams and have the confidence to be the first to "return to dod". Take pictures, take your time, and you should have no problems whatsoever. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts