Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon..... I was wondering if any G8 owners out there on this forum have used this DOD delete kit from Livernois Motorsports, (link below) and if so, could you give me any feedback or possibly a "value analysis"? I'm right at that point of wanting to do some more mods/upgrades to mine, and this seems like a pretty good way to do that, and also put to sleep any worries of the dreaded lifter failure I've read about. I spoke with a technician there and he said with the stage 2 cam, it could possibly gain anywhere from 75 - 90 HP, with the proper tune, without going to a stall speed converter, and sacrificing drivability. Any thoughts or input would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks in advance..
Jim

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/product/LPP802110

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the 2101 kit installed in mine. Which looks like the same kit minus the heads. I got the stage 2+ package installed by them and they cnc'ed my heads. End result is 399 at the wheels and fair driveability. I would recommend a stall tho. I'm still on stock stall and coming to stop car wants to push still so kind of jerky. But not terrible. I even upgraded to the Brembo brakes in front to help. Idle is as low as possible. To the point that stop and go traffic has stalled engine a couple times. Other than that 3000 miles so far and still runs like a champ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts