Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about deleting my cats to make my car Just that little bit louder it needs, I was wondering if I need a tune after doing so. I know that check Engine light will come on but I was wondering if doing this and not having a tune will hurt the engine.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Yes you will need a tune. You can fill O2 extenders so you don't get the codes for "low cat efficiency ". The exhaust freed up will allow it to run lean requiring the tune.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t reallt want to spend the money for a tune right now so I guess I’ll wait on getting the cats deleted. Are you sure that it will over time harm the engine without the tune?

·
every village has one
2,166 Posts
You could always remove them and find out the hard way:)

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
Save your money and do it right the first time. Headers and catback exhaust. Hi-flow cats or straight.

·
F1rehawk
747 Posts
Wouldn’t high flow cats without a tune hurt the car just as much as a delete?
Like I said, save up and do it right the first time, and that includes a tune. I would just get headers and full catback at the same time so you don't have to tune it again down the road.

Don't know if it would hurt the car, but I wouldn't recommend driving long periods of time with an untuned car. Drove mine with headers and catback for like 200KM that's it.

You seem to want to go really cheap on this car, why not stay stock?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts