Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the SOLO kits be bought separately? I'd like to do axle backs right now and maybe a mid pipe later, followed by HFCs. I looked on the website and haven't found any info that would suggest that they do, so I figured I'd ask here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Vendor
1,289 Posts
The axle back and catback kits are not interchangeable because of different rear mounting points. If you're going to get the HF cats down the road, go with the catback right off the bat and save yourself having to sell the axle backs first. If you can't do that, then get the axle backs, and then when the time comes, you can sell the axle back and use that money towards a full catback kit. Thanks and I hope this helps:)

Steve

·
Vendor
1,289 Posts
Awesome....when you're ready, I will be here...just give me a call at 516-655-9002 (7 days a week). Thanks:)

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
The axle back and catback kits are not interchangeable because of different rear mounting points. If you're going to get the HF cats down the road, go with the catback right off the bat and save yourself having to sell the axle backs first. If you can't do that, then get the axle backs, and then when the time comes, you can sell the axle back and use that money towards a full catback kit. Thanks and I hope this helps:)
Steve

Yup, that's what I did! I love the HFCs, they really added throttle response and a nice, mild-cam-sounding lump to the exhaust note.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Get the axlebacks so I can buy them off you for Casper....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the sound of my system. I'm really looking forward to some HFCs. I've really got the modding bug now. I want a cam ported heads and headers too. I may need to buy another daily driver.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts