Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to figure out if I have a leak somewhere near my connection pipes (Pace Setter LTs with no cats). Does this look right? This is my driver's side. My passenger is more "aligned" if that makes any sense. Could this be the point of my leak? Should this looked more "aligned"? Instead of the lower portion being "tighter" than the top?

·
Go fast grocery getter
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah that's what I figured... Is this something I can do myself with the car jacked up? Didn't do the original install so I have no clue what I'm doing. Thanks all.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah, the Pacesetter setup isn't the best, but if you get everything lined up and tightened properly it should be virtually leak free. Some just have it welded to eliminate the possibility.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its crooked for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean its leaking. If there's a leak you should see a trail of carbon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Put the car on jack stands, start the car and feel around for air escaping at the flanges. Also check the merge of the headers as imperfections in the manufacturing can lead to leaks there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.