Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend drove car = friend curb rashed my SLP wheel

* yes wheels are dirty

After flipping out after seeing this its time to develop a bit of strategy to fix it and I would like some input from you guys too.

It doesn't seem deep nor is on the grey painted surface, just the polished area.

Here's the catch the wheel is clear coated, so if I sanded and polished it I guess I would have to re-clear it also? It doesn't look as bad as it does in the pic but it will annoy the hell out of me.

So what do you guys think is the best way to go at this.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
The option of murder first comes to mind.

After that, I'm done.

Good luck.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
Good luck either way you go, repair or murder!!! LOL Seriously though, good luck. You might be able to at least make it not as recognizable....

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's another view: hardly visible from 3 ft away with flash on, I think polish or maybe even a compound may work

·
Registered
845 Posts
Friend drove car = friend curb rashed my SLP wheel

It doesn't seem deep nor is on the grey painted surface, just the polished area.
You would have been better off with the damage on the gray painted area. No simple(cheap) wheel repair for polished finish. Gonna cost ya few hundred if the damage is past the clear

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Man that sucks

·
Registered
417 Posts
Slp wants 600 for a set. I am sure u can get one from them for 200.
I did this to mine about a month after having them, still not sure what I hit, I think a large rock or something.

SLP told me I could buy one for $150 plus shipping, I still haven't though as I daily mine and something would probably happen again. It still bugs me but I have learned to live with it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
A parking garage? He wasnt even parking it. Just hit a curb. Dude needs glasses&driver mod!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I

SLP told me I could buy one for $150 plus shipping, I still haven't though as I daily mine and something would probably happen again. It still bugs me but I have learned to live with it.
Good to know, I'm in driving distance from them so that may work. I could always use a full size spare.

The pain in the ass part would be remounting the tire again.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I say a wheel for a wheel, take his ride out and curb up one of his wheels, at least get some gratification out of it.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
He owes you a wheel...
Tell him.. Sorry man.. appreciate your honesty and all that you told me you rashed my wheel but you gotta get me a new one... Here's the number....

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
Good thing the G8 has a big trunk. Makes it easy to transport the body to the dump site. ;)
Is exactally what I said when I went to the Cleveland auto show to look at the G8 when they were comming out.Its at least a 2 body trunk....

·
Registered
24 Posts
SIRI- Where do you hide a dead body?

local dumps, woods etc. hahahhahah

Seriousy buy you a new wheel, or atleast split it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts