Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to hit the track for the first time at Byron on 4/28/2013. I have oldskoolgp coming along with his '06 GTO. Will anyone else be joining us?

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I plan to hit the track for the first time at Byron on 4/28/2013. I have oldskoolgp coming along with his '06 GTO. Will anyone else be joining us?
Joe: I'm in as long as the weather holds. Need to see how it runs after Rick Crawford Throttle Body, Manifold and tune. Not only that but need to wear down the rear tires a little more so I can have excuse for a new set before GONE. Expect this to be my debut into the 12's. :boink::boink:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Shoot, I just got my drag radials mounted today, but I can't make that day...any plans next weekend?

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shoot, I just got my drag radials mounted today, but I can't make that day...any plans next weekend?
Sorry, I am booked for April 20/21. My only chance will be April 28, weather permitting. It looks like I may just have my Kooks coated longtubes on by then along with my Solo Performance Hi-Flo Cats and connector pipes. I don't know if I will be able to re-tune before then or not, but I hope so!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Sorry, I am booked for April 20/21. My only chance will be April 28, weather permitting. It looks like I may just have my Kooks coated longtubes on by then along with my Solo Performance Hi-Flo Cats and connector pipes. I don't know if I will be able to re-tune before then or not, but I hope so!
Joe Dude: You are really starting to get into the mods. There goes that collector value. Do we see a cam in your future? :boink:

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
Joe Dude: You are really starting to get into the mods. There goes that collector value. Do we see a cam in your future? :boink:
I know, right!? He's got 'the bug' for sure.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Collector value, who ever said anything about collector value? I didn't buy this car for collector value. Then again, I didn't buy it to turn it into an all-out racecar either. I suspect that adding the Kooks Long-Tubes and the Solo Performance Hi-Flo Cats & Connector pipes will likely get me to where I want to be. I don't see a cam in my future, but you never know. I do know that I plan to keep this car NA though. Superchargers and Turbochargers add great power, but alot of additional improvements are needed to support them. I am hoping that the mods I will have, along with great air and track prep, will push me into the very low 12s or maybe extremely high 11s (and 11.999 would be just fine, LOL!)

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
I plan to get there at 9AM, racing starts at 10AM.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A small convoy will be leaving the Madison, WI area from the Stoughton Rd Park & Ride at 7 a.m. That should put us at the track by 8:30-8:45. Weather forecasts are looking awesome for Sunday! Hope to see lots of other G8s there!

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
Joe: I posted up onCHC site so we should have a few from Chi town area.

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Premium Member
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice to meet those of you who joined us at Byron today! We had 4 G8s and a GTO in our group, and I think many of the people at the track were surprised at what these cars can do. Air was alright, but track prep was excellent. I'm afraid that we will have to wait for fall for the really good air now. Oh well it was a fun day anyway!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts