Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
ELEVENS
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw your car in an article in GM High Tech magazine. It stated you ran 245/40/18 BFG Drag Radials. These tires are 25.4 inches in diameter according to the spec sheet. Stock 18 inch G8GT tires are 26.7 inches.

Does the one inch difference in diameter hurt anything at the track or the street ??? On the street the speedo might be off, correct?

I have a set of spare G8 18 inch rims that I would like to put drag radials on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I believe a smaller wheel will perform better at the track since it is easier to turn and weighs less depending on type. As for street driving your speedo will be off a little bit but not enough to matter... maybe 1mph.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I saw your car in an article in GM High Tech magazine. It stated you ran 245/40/18 BFG Drag Radials. These tires are 25.4 inches in diameter according to the spec sheet. Stock 18 inch G8GT tires are 26.7 inches.

Does the one inch difference in diameter hurt anything at the track or the street ??? On the street the speedo might be off, correct?

I have a set of spare G8 18 inch rims that I would like to put drag radials on.
THey work great with out a stall . If you have a stall or will be adding one use a Mickey Thompson 265/45/18 ... They just flat our work and they are 26.5

1 - 4 of 4 Posts