Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting, sorry if its not the right area for it. I got my g8 couple of months ago and I love. But I notice today that my drivers side mirror won't move side to side. Only up and down but the passenger side works just fine. Is there a way to remove the mirror or glass out of the housing? With out breaking it.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I have not yet had a reason to remove the upper half of either mirror as of yet. But looking at it, if you pop that trim piece off, it might allow you access to the monkey motion that moves that mirror around. If the problem is there, maybe it can be fixed with lube applied at the right locations.
When you flip the left/right switch (on the console) it moves 2 sets of switch contacts. They are looking for a ground potential. The up/down and left/right (push to move tabs) allows that to happen. If one of the 2 contacts did not, make when selecting drivers side mirror (as in let/right movement contacts failed but up/down contacts worked), that would cause the problem you have. Maybe some vigorous switch movements (like 5 to 10 times) of the left/right source switch, will solve something.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.