Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster. I have a 2009 G8 with the drivers side door window stuck in the up/closed position. Trying to figure out if I have a window switch button problem or if the window regulator is bad. Has anyone had the same issue and what did you replace? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
My window switch went bad, but it was obvious since the driver's switch broke off in my hand. The switches do go bad frequently enough though, that I would start there. Also, I'm sure it's cheaper and easier to mess with than the regulator.

The other thing would be to make sure power is actually getting to the door. As in, broken wires somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,196 Posts
Don't know if your a T/S type of guy or not. If you are an with the power off, remove the *door lock/window control* module an disconnect the X2 connector going to it. It has a DARK GREEN wire in the #1 position. Then rotate the key to the #1 accessory position an jump pin #1 to pin #2. Then transfer the jump wire from pin#1 to pin #3. Can't tell which combination gives you up or down (but it will test the circuit out to the regulator motor) That action will bypass the *door lock/window control* module. If both directions now ops normal up an down, you'll know what part you need for the fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts