Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I decided to post these here because I know with me unless I was looking for an exhaust I didnt look over there so maybe this will get to other that are interested but not looking.
Anyways I took some sound clips of some city driving today. I was only able to get 2 of the 3 I wanted to publish but they seem pretty representative of how it sounds inside of the cabin. I have all of the windows closed at the time. Its a decent assortment of low mid and high range revs. I think it sounds half way decent for the poor man's budget exhaust. Enjoy!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
got the 3rd one up.

·
You've got mail, YAAAAY!
1,951 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will try not to disappoint and get one out there. If I am @ WOT for the drive by it wouldnt sound nearly as mean as your guys but I guess we shall see. I'd be better off driving by from 20-40 in 3rd. haha. Its probably a touch louder than stock @ WOT over 4K. Mid range is WAY louder.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In cabin videos all sound the same,they're useless.Post a drive by vid,thats the only way to hear it :wink2:
I also find sound clip to be non respresentive to how it actually sounds in general. When I did my start up and idle video I was like WOW this is gonna sound sweet and then when I played it back and posted it. It sounded like I was blowing air through a straw in comparison to how it truly sounded. I would have to assume if you find a car that sounds sweet and loud on a clip you can probably wake up the neighborhood and dead with their exhaust. But in all fairness its a good tool for comparison : )

·
Registered
947 Posts
Sounds pretty good to me. Still considering the Solo axlebacks with the resanators. I know Shwartz has a similar set up but with some extras.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Still sounds pretty good regardless of drive by or not...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a short free revving sound clip. Its kinda creepy as the video is of my hand or the ground. But the only chance I had to make one is if I opened the door and held my phone out of the door for now anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
1st and 2nd vidieo sounds pretty good,fly by would sound good to i bet..,.,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts