Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody had some experienced advice on how best to take care of the leather interior in a G8? I have lost my steering wheel cover twice and my passenger lower seat to dry rot, cracking, tearing apart seams. I have a new leather interior on the way. I have used the popular car care products from spray to wipes for leather care and still have problems. I am ex military and we used saddle soap and polish? There is hardly anyone sitting in the passenger seat and it tore the seat at the seam. I am looking for some good advice to prevent the same from happening. I would rather put the money towards a DOD delete and cam change. Help.:crying:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Do you have the ability to garage the car? Even in PA that can be a problem with the sun.

As far as products go, since I signed up on this forum in 2009, I was introduced to Adam's Polishes. I tried them and never looked back....still make my annual purchase. I love their leather and interior cleaner. I use it all the time. Then, once a year I will use their leather conditioner for the small amount of actual leather we have. It doesn't take long or use much product. So while pretty expensive, a lot of their products go along way for me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I started using this year Leatherique after watching numerous videos from detailers who demonstrated the product. I used it on a 10 year old leather couch that was old and dry and it is now soft and supple, the results are great but requires a considerable amount of work to condition the leather since it is a 2 step process that requires waiting 24 hours between steps.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased my 2009 G8 used in 2014 with 30,000 miles and I saw that the front seats had some dry leather, although the seat itself wasn't worn out. I have used most of the auto care options, which do a decent job and shine the leather well, it doesn't last long. If you really want to keep your leather seats, and interior as a whole, in the best shape I would highly recommend 303 aerospace protectant over any other. This product not only gives your leather and plastics a great shine, it gives the material the much needed "nutrients" and offers UV protectant. Put it on twice a year and you will never notice any UV wear or dryness in your leather or plastics.

https://www.goldeagle.com/product/303-aerospace-protectant/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts