Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I commute quite a bit and would like to add duel dvd monitors to my car. I am debating over getting two that strap on the headrests or two that are built in the headrests. Obviously the latter would be better due to lack of cords and what not. I searched through old posts on here and elsewhere but, found mostly posts from 2008 and 2009 when the car was relatively new and there was a lack of custom aftermarket accessories such as this. I am curious if anyone has added a dvd player or duel screens. I have a base 2009 G8. I am curious since my radio screen says it has a REAR AUX, if I could somehow use that. I have never tried DVDs in the player lol I doubt it works but i am kind of curious.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
First off it's dual, not duel. Second, if you commute are you putting these in for people you're driving around or did you want something you could watch yourself? JHP makes a kit that will give you the ability to watch things on the screen in the front of the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah lol I thought that but when I googled them that's how they spelled it so I figured that was correct. Of course not for me - my two daughters usually ride at least an hour minimum each day in the car. My seven year old suggested it this morning and I thought - why, yes that's a good idea. Do you know what the kit is called that JHP makes? I think having two DVD players or DUAL screens for the back would be best though.

·
Move over >
1,445 Posts
Yeah lol I thought that but when I googled them that's how they spelled it so I figured that was correct. Of course not for me - my two daughters usually ride at least an hour minimum each day in the car. My seven year old suggested it this morning and I thought - why, yes that's a good idea. Do you know what the kit is called that JHP makes? I think having two DVD players or DUAL screens for the back would be best though.
Google shmoogle lol!
DUEL is like dueling (two people duel with swords/ guns)
DUAL is 2 or a pair.

I believe the kit camo is referring to is the VIM (video in motion kit) which i dont believe comes with any dvd player or anything.
amazon has thisLINK TO AMAZON HEADRESTS and much more

I have no idea whether or not they'll fit our seats.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well then I would say just get one of those dual screen kits from walmart or something.

·
Registered
419 Posts
If you have an iPad, this might be a spendy option from the Holden accessories web page that looks like it clamps on to the headrests posts found here here under entertainment

Unfortunately they don't have a better picture.

·
Registered
485 Posts
google online car stereo.... you can get headrest replacements with built in 9.5 screens for about 250 for both

1 - 7 of 7 Posts