Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting a base number before the mods get crazy. Any guesses....
Spectre intake
Pacesetter 1 3/4" long tubes
2.5" , xpipe, flow masters
intense box tune

Looks like it should be around 70 degrees out.
Shaun

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
922 Posts
330-340

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wish fellas:
318/328
70* 60% hum

Think my tune needs work?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Numbers are just that, numbers. ET gains is what tells the tale, but even though the numbers do look low to me.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Putting a auto on a Dyno is always a little disappointing unless you lock the converter.....any idea what type of Dyno it was? Dynojet or mustang Dyno?
In the G8's, from the factory, the converter would be locked in 3rd and 4th in manual mode at WOT, and 4th would be locked in Sport at WOT. Most dyno operators would choose 3rd or 4th gear in manual to dyno this cars, so they don't have to do anything to lock the verter.

And those numbers are low for a car with LT's, unless the car originally dynoed 280rwhp stock. in any case, GT's are not exactly high reading dyno queens, the OP might want to take the car to the track, that would give him a more accurate representation of power. dyno numbers are just that, numbers, and some times they're simply silly. the only important reading you have from a dyno session, from the end user perspective, is the AFR graph, and that is not even included in the OP dyno sheet.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Np.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Those #'s seem a little low considering your mods but like others have said, every dyno is different. And yep the track is a great gauge for performance and also fun as hell! Good luck OP!

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
something is either hurt or that tune is just WAYYYY off... or the dyno operator fuxed up some stuff...

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Yea I wouldnt sweat the Dyno Numbers....Its all worth it the countless number of times I have staged up beside guys in 5th gens or 5.0's that flaunt their dyno sheets about with 500-600rwhp, yet I show them the tail lights every single time and normally trap several mph higher than them also LOL

Get it to the track and check out that mph....should give you a could idea of the real power

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm hoping to hit bracket racing night on Wednesday. I just have to track down my helmet or buy a new one, any suggestions?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Dynojet chassis dyno.

I think your tune is off. The HP and torque line don't look smooth at all, well at least not as smooth as mine or others I have seen. I'm no mechanic but that's just what I am seeing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.